Amberly Alpacas, in association with the NI Alpaca Group, will be hosting a one-day practical course on pregnancy, birth and neonatal care of alpacas. The course will cover the first few months of an alpaca’s life, exploring:
- The birthing process, what can go wrong and how to deal with it
- Management of the newborn
- Understanding colostrum
- Congenital deformities
- Bone development and rickets
- Understanding and tackling parasites
- Nutrition and growth
- Implementing a suitable vaccination programme
The training will be delivered by Sarah Caldwell, Calweton Veterinary Group, and is aimed at alpaca owners, breeders and enthusiasts, along with their vets and other animal health care professionals.
here Date Saturday 27 January 2018
Deltasone to buy Time 9.30am – 4pm
Cost £50 per person (including lunch)
Places can be booked online via the link below:
or by contacting Lee Kane (NIAG Chair) on firstname.lastname@example.org.